Search This Blog

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Easy Cheesecake

This is my first experience "blogging".  Bear with me... :)

I love to bake.  One of my favorites is cheesecake.

I decided to start with an easy cheesecake.  It's yummy and it only takes a few ingredients.

I did rush this a little, decreasing the cooling time, so it turned out a little softer than I would have liked.  I would definitely suggest following the correct cooling times so you have great taste AND texture.

Starting with the crust, you need:

graham crackers
sugar
butter
rolling pin
plastic ziploc bag

1.  Crush graham crackers into a fine crumbs.









2. Mix 1 1/2 c. crumbs
    1 T. Sugar
    1/2 c. melted butter
     Stir until moist.









3. Press crumbs in a 9 inch spring form pan.









4. Using Reynolds wrap, make a little boat for your cheesecake.  It will be sitting in water and because it is a spring-form pan, you need to protect your crust from getting wet.









5. Mix 2 packages soft cream cheese, 1/2 c. sugar, and 1/2 tsp. vanilla with an electric mixer. Add 2 eggs, one at a time.  Mix until blended.

6. Pour onto crust.

7. Place spring form pan in your "boat".  Set your cheesecake in a larger pan so you can pour water around it.  This will help so your cheesecake won't crack or souffle.









8. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 40 minutes or until center is almost set.  Cool. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.

I topped my cheesecake with a homemade caramel sauce that I got from my sister, the host of this blog.  I will have to have her post her recipe.  Delicious!  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Check these out!