Search This Blog

Monday, January 7, 2013

Regrowing/Freezing Green Onions

Green onions. They always come in packages of more than I need at one time, and I never seem to be able to use them up before they go bad. Then I learned you could freeze them AND regrow them indoors.  I love Pinterest!


When you bring green onions home, wash and chop up all the onion, but don’t throw away the root! Whatever you don’t use, put in a bottle or jar so you can put it in the freezer.  (I used a small coffee creamer bottle which works great to shake some out as needed.)  As you see in the picture, the glass on the left is holding the onion roots. Fill the bottom of the glass with water and place in a sunny window. Keep the water clean, and you will have green onions growing again! Keep snipping and freezing as necessary. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!