Search This Blog

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Deep Conditioning Treatment at Home

Spring is coming soon, which means the snow is going to be leaving and the temperatures will start rising. If you know me, you know I'm not a huge fan of high heat in the summer, so I am perfectly content with our long, cold winter. Unfortunately, along with the cold weather comes dry skin and dry hair.

Not only has my hair been getting drier, I am also long overdue for a haircut, so my ends are getting horribly split. I wanted to be able to help stop the dryness and help repair my ends as much as I could until I'm able to get it cut. This deep conditioning treatment is something you can easily do at home with your own daily conditioner. It helped my hair so much! 


Start with clean, damp hair straight out of the shower. Using your fingers, comb conditioner through the strands, focusing on the ends where your hair tends to be driest. Make sure your hair is fully saturated.


I just bought Joico Moisture Recovery so I've only used it for the deep conditioning treatment, but I think I'm really going to like it. My hair feels super soft now. :)


Loosely twist the conditioned hair into a bun.


Cover with a shower cap or plastic bag.


Grab a towel, hot from the dryer, and wrap around the shower cap. 
If you don't have a hot towel, you can also use a hair dryer to warm the towel while on your head. 
Just keep it on low heat for about 15 minutes.

(I left the cap and towel on for about an hour and a half before bed, then removed the cap, put the towel on my pillow and just slept with the conditioned hair.)


Rinse out completely and love your soft hair! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!