Search This Blog

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Easy & Healthy "Ice Cream"

No matter how much I try to eat healthy, I still crave sweets. Like today. Ice cream sounded so good! I didn't have any, but I did find this recipe for a healthy ice cream which I already had the ingredients for.
It definitely cured my craving!

I may not have had any ice cream in my freezer, but I did have frozen bananas. 
I ran them under warm water until the skin was softened. I peeled them with a paring knife and sliced them into little disks.


Throw them into a food processor and blend until smooth. 
You will now have a banana flavored soft serve ice cream.


Now is when you decide if you want to eat it plain or add a little more to it. 
I added some frozen strawberries and a little honey, but you could add another kind of fruit, cocoa, 
peanut butter, vanilla, or even Nutella.



I ate my "ice cream" soft, but if you would like it firmer to scoop for a cone or something, just cover and place in the freezer until frozen.





2 comments:

  1. Love healthy alternatives! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a good one :) I think cocoa and pb would be wonderful in there.

      Delete

Check these out!