Search This Blog

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Fruity Facials

Wondering what to do when your bananas get too ripe? When I realized I can only make so much banana bread, I went in search of more things to do with my overripe bananas. We have them quite often since Tony likes his bananas when they are still green. Once a brown spot appears, either I have to eat it or it gets thrown in the freezer, because otherwise it would get tossed.

They got really ripe this time, but I hate throwing food out so I was hoping I could do something quick with them. I found a great solution!

Fruity Facials!

When I realized bananas are good for your skin (they help reduce wrinkles!), I decided to throw in a few other ingredients that you could also benefit from and came up with this amazingly relaxing facial!


It's cleansing & firming, but also gives a slight cooling effect. It feels incredible and smells even better!
This facial will make your face feel as soft as a baby's bottom. :)

You could switch up the ingredients as well. Alter it to work for your skin type and what you have on hand. Add blended oats, olive oil, plain yogurt, lemon juice, kiwi, cucumbers, green tea, apple cider vinegar, baking soda, coffee...the possibilities are endless! If you have a facial recipe you really like, please share! :)


On a side note, I also heard that if you want a quick moisturizer, take the inside of a banana peel and rub it all over your face. Let sit for 15 minutes and rinse. So now when you're eating breakfast, you can also help your skin! If your kids make fun of you for being silly, this would be a good time to remind them that you only get wrinkles when you worry about them. :)

What you need:

1 ripe banana (anti-aging)
2 ripe strawberries (to cleanse & exfoliate)
1 tsp. honey (antibacterial)
1 tsp. coconut oil (moisturizing)

*You can refrigerate the leftover mixture, covered, for 1 day.

This is how ripe my bananas were. (I only used 1 for this recipe.)

Mash your banana.


Add the strawberries, coconut oil, and honey.


You could just mash it with a fork, but I didn't want the big chunks falling off my face.
I threw it in a blender which made it nice and smooth.


Massage in a circular motion over your face and neck and let sit 15-30 minutes. 
Rinse with warm water then turn it to cool water. Pat dry.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!