Search This Blog

Friday, March 8, 2013

No-Bake Cocoa Mounds

When we were little, we often made no-bake cookies. They were fun to crumble apart and pick at when we were kids. I found that I still like doing that! I haven't had those cookies for so long, I wanted to make them again. Having some hazelnut spread in my cupboard, I decided to incorporate that into these chocolatey addictions.




In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, butter, and milk and set on medium heat.


 Bring to a boil, and let boil for 1 full minute.


 Add peanut butter, hazelnut spread, and vanilla. Stir in well.


 Add oatmeal and stir until thoroughly coated.


 Set out a sheet of parchment or waxed paper. Using a spoon or scoop, drop balls onto paper.


Let set until cooled and firm.


Ingredients

2 c. sugar 
4 Tbsp. cocoa 
1/2 c. butter (1 stick)
1/2 c. milk 
3/4 c. peanut butter 
1/3 c. hazelnut spread (like Nutella) 
1 Tbsp. vanilla 
3 1/2 c. quick oats 

Directions

In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, butter, and milk and set on medium heat.
Bring to a boil, and let boil for 1 full minute.
Add peanut butter, hazelnut spread, and vanilla. Stir in well.
Add oatmeal and stir until thoroughly coated.
Set out a sheet of parchment or waxed paper.
Using a spoon or scoop, drop balls onto paper.
Let set until cooled and firm.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...it's been so long since I have had these! Yummy :-)

    ReplyDelete

Check these out!