Search This Blog

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Fresh Herbs...ANYTIME!

I am a baker!  I am not so great at the whole cooking part.  Yes, I can cook some basic things but using "quality ingredients", I'm learning.  My husband, on the other hand, is quite amazing in the kitchen.  He saw this awesome idea that for having fresh herbs year round to make his already yummy meals better! He told me about it, thinking it would be something cool to put on our blog and share with everyone! 
Because I don't have an herb garden, I made due with a "fresh" selection from our local grocery store. :) 


Things you will need:
Olive Oil
Ice Cube Trays
Fresh Herbs (I chose Thyme, Basil, and Rosemary)


Chop your herbs to desired size!


Put approximately 1 heaping tsp. of chopped herbs in each section of ice cube tray and fill with olive oil. 


Freeze until firm.

Once firm, run a butter knife along the long sides of the cubes on each side or they will crack!  Carefully pop out with knife.
Try and do this quickly because they make a mess if you are too slow! :)


Store in a Ziploc bag and throw in the freezer until you are ready to cook with a little olive oil and fresh herbs!!

5 comments:

  1. This is awesome!! I've tried growing herbs because we actually use them fairly often, but I always seem to kill my plants snd have to continuously buy them. :( Maybe I should just do this! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty adorable when Mikey told me about this! He was all smiles saying, "I have something for your blog!" :) He's too cute!! Hope you guys enjoy it. I am excited to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know! I will be trying this :)

    ReplyDelete

Check these out!