Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Homemade Fruit & Yogurt Popsicle

Homemade Fruit & Yogurt Popsicle 


My husband and I were walking through our local Kroger the other day.  It is not uncommon for us to venture down the "miscellaneous" isle. You never know what you are going to find!  The little treasure I ended procuring that day was a cute popsicle mold.

In trying to get back into the swing of the whole diet thing, I decided I needed to come up with ways to curb my ice cream cravings!  Believe me when I say, I really like ice cream.  I thought these molds would be a perfect way to make a healthy, homemade treat!

 I do have a sweet tooth but sometimes a chocolate bar or skittles just won't cut it when I want ice cream.  There is something about enjoying something cold.  Although I am going to allow myself to have some once in a while, this recipe will help my "cold" tooth!  

Things needed:

Cute popsicle molds
Blender or a bullet

1/4 c. blueberries
5 strawberries
1 T. honey
1/2 c. POM juice
1/2 c. plain yogurt

Pour all ingredients in the blender (or bullet) and blend until pureed.   Pour in the molds, leaving a space at the top for liquid to expand when frozen!  Freeze at least 4 hours or until firm.  Be patient! Once frozen, set in warm water for just a moment to help release your treat.  Remove and enjoy!!



 Excuse the sugar in the picture.  I was going to use a little but I didn't need it.  The honey did a great job!


Aren't they cute!? :)


Reminder:  Leave a little space at the top for expansion!


Put tops on and freeze!  Wait at least 4 hours!



You can play with the ingredients!  This is just what sounded good to me!  Also, after making the puree, I just drank the remainder.  It was a watered down smoothie consistency.  I didn't want all the goodness wasted!


I hope you ENJOY!





2 comments:

Check these out!