Search This Blog

Saturday, July 27, 2013

{To die for!} Blueberry Muffins

 If you've been following our blog at all, you have probably noticed that I'm not the healthiest eater. But, honestly...how can you resist when things like THIS are staring back at you!?


I know muffins can't talk, but I'm pretty sure I heard a voice loud and clear screaming "Eat me!" Maybe it was a sign from Above telling me that I deserve a treat. Or maybe I was hallucinating. 
Either way, I obeyed. :)


INGREDIENTS

Muffins:
1 1/2 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1 egg
(about) 1/3 c. milk
1 1/2 c. blueberries (fresh or frozen)

Crumb Topping:
1/4 c. sugar
2 Tbsp. flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 Tbsp butter, room temperature


DIRECTIONS

 Add dry muffin ingredients to a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir well.
In a 1 cup measuring cup, fill with 1/3 c. oil. Add egg. Fill remaining space with milk.
Add to dry mixture and stir until moistened.
Fold in blueberries.
Fill lined muffin tin.
In a small bowl, cut butter into the crumb topping ingredients until mixture begins to look like crumbs.
Sprinkle onto the muffins.
Bake in a 400 degree oven for 5 minutes, then turn the oven to 350 degrees and bake an additional 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool on a cooling rack.

*Makes 12 muffins.


(DIRECTIONS WITH PHOTOS)

In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine dry muffin ingredients.


Stir well.


In a 1 cup measuring cup, fill with 1/3 cup oil.


Add egg.


Fill remaining space with milk to equal 1 cup.


Add to the dry ingredients.


Stir until well moistened.


{If you are using fresh blueberries, be sure to wash them.
If using frozen, do not thaw them.}


Fold blueberries into the mixture.
(If using frozen berries, your mixture will look a little grayish/purple. That is okay.)


Grease or line your muffin tin. 
(This recipe makes 12 regular size muffins or 8 jumbo muffins.)


Using my large Pampered Chef scoop, I filled my liners.


The cups should be pretty full.


Now, in a small bowl, combine your crumb topping dry ingredients.


Add the butter.


Using a fork, cut the butter in until it resembles crumbs.


Sprinkle over the (unbaked) muffins.


Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes, turn heat down to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.


Cool on a cooling rack.


I made these for a friend of mine who just had a baby, and was still in the hospital when I went to see her. She loved them! :) 


This has been my favorite blueberry muffin recipe for about 3 years now. 
I don't see that changing any time soon! :)


*This recipe has been adapted to fit my tastes. You can find the original recipe at allrecipes.com




2 comments:

Check these out!