Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Pizza Bread

Easy for a quick meal!

I used the pizza dough that came from my mom. The girls give me the credit for the
pizza dough recipe, but it should go to my wonderful mother!!! Thanks, Mom!!
When I made some pizza dough I had frozen half of it the week before. So, it was great
 to have already prepared pizza dough in the freezer when I was in a pinch.
 
This is a fun meal to make with little ones.  They always love to help put the toppings on!  : )


These are the ingredients I used to make a garlic butter to spread on the pizza bread. 
I melted 1/2 stick of butter,
and added Pampered Chef's Garlic Garlic to taste.  If you
don't have this, you can substitute it with garlic powder and
garlic salt.  Just sprinkle to your liking in the melted butter and stir.
  • Roll your dough into a rectangular shape to about 1/2" thick.
  • Spread your garlic butter on it. 
  • Then add your toppings.  You can add anything such as olives, onions, green peppers, mushrooms, etc. 
This time we made it really simple.  Pepperoni was used and it was a hit!


Sprinkle cheese over the top. 
  (I used mozzarella and cheddar.
You can use your favorite cheeses!)


Roll up on the long end, being careful to keep it as tight as you can.
After you are done rolling it up, seal the seam, and tuck in the ends to seal.


  • Place the pizza bread on a lightly oiled pan.
  •  Brush the garlic butter on top and cut angled slits in the top of the pizza bread.
  •  Sprinkle them lightly with Italian seasoning.  
  • Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown.
  • Remove from oven and let sit for about 5-10 minutes before slicing.
description



1 comment:

Check these out!