Search This Blog

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Crocheted Tennessee Vols Beanie


Watching the Superbowl last weekend, I bet I can easily say I was not the only one that was not completely captivated by the happenings.  Very sad to say, but it's true.  A few friends and myself were more inclined to sit around the table with the massive amounts of wings and appetizers and visit.
During this visiting (and eating) session, it came up that I like to crochet.  My one friend was "yelling" at me because I had yet to make him a beanie! :)
He is a big Tennessee Vols fan (I bet he would have liked to be watching one of their games instead of the "BIG GAME". ) so I decided to make him this so he could sport his teams colors!
This is my first time writing my own pattern, so if I made a mistake, please let me know so I can make necessary changes!



5.5. mm hook- medium worsted yarn

ORANGE

Ch 5, sl st into first ch

R1: IN the middle of the loop, work 12 dc, sl st in the top of your first dc- 12 st

R2: Ch 2, 1 dc in same stitch that you did your sl st, *2 dc in every st*- repeat from * all the way around, sl st the top of your 2 chains - 24 st

R3: Ch 2, *2 dc in next st, 1 dc in next stitch*- repeat from * all the way around, sl st the top of your 2 chains- 36 st

R4: Ch 2, 1 dc in next st, 2 dc in the next stitch, *1 dc in the next st, 1 dc in the next st, 2 dc in the same st* repeat from *all the way around, sl st the top of your 2 chains- 48 st

R5: Ch 2, 1 dc in the next st, 1 dc in the next st, 2 dc in the next st *1 dc in the next st, 1 dc in the next st, 1 dc in the next st, 2 dc in the same st* - repeat from * all the way around, sl st the top of your 2 chains- 60 st

R6: Ch 2, 1 dc in the next 8 st, 2 dc in same stitch * 1 dc in the next 9 st, 2 dc in the same st* - repeat from * all the way around, sl st the top of your 2 chains- 66 st

R7: Ch 2, 1 dc in every stitch all the way around, sl st the top of your 2 chains- 66 st

R8: Ch 2, 1 dc in every stitch all the way around, sl st the top of your 2 chains- 66 st

R9: Ch 2, 1 dc in every stitch all the way around, sl st the top of your 2 chains- 66 st

R10: Ch 2, 1 dc in every stitch all the way around, sl st the top of your 2 chains- 66 st

CHANGE COLOR: BLACK

R11:  With the changed color, Ch 2, dc in every st except towards the back of the hat work 3 decreases (by dc2tog in 3 st) - 63 st

CHANGE COLOR- WHITE

R12: With changed color, Ch 1, sc in every stitch all the way around, sl st the top of your 1 chain- 63 st.

R13: Ch 1, sc in every st all the way around, sl st the top of your 1 chain- 63 st.

R 14: Ch 1, sc in every st all the way around, sl st the top of your 1 chain- 63 st.

R15: Ch 1, sc in every st all the way around, sl st the top of your 1 chain- 63 st.

R16: Ch 1, sc in every st all the way around, sl st the top of your 1 chain- 63 st.

R 17: Ch 1, sc in every st all the way around, sl st the top of your 1 chain- 63 st.

CHANGE COLOR- BLACK

R18: With changed color, Ch 2, dc in every st all the way around, sl st the top of your 2 chains- 63 st.

FINISHING:    I used sc on the white part so it would be easier to sew the T. This obviously is optional but because this hat was for a VOLS fan, I decided to give it a try.  Using a yarn needle, I sewed the T to the best of my ability. I inserted the needle from the back.  After completeing my design, I finished it off.

Weave in yarn strands.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!