Search This Blog

Monday, February 17, 2014

Fantastic Homemade Fries

  




Here is one of those things that are so simple but I never make them....homemade french fries!  Probably a good thing that it's not on the menu too often but for a treat once in awhile, I have to remember them. My husband wanted to make his delicious wings the other night and I thought these would go great with them. They did. :)

After cleaning the potatoes, I cut them a little bigger than shoestring fries.  If you will be making them right away, preheat your oil to 350 degrees.  If you will be waiting for a bit, put them in a pan of cold water and preheat your oil when it's convenient.

When you are ready to fry, put your potatoes in the basket.  CAREFULLY lower your fries in the oil!  I left mine in for a good 10-15 minutes, depending how crispy you would like your potatoes. :) I like mine on the crispier side.

When your fries are done to your likeness, toss them in the sea salt and pepper mixture! That's it!

*If you are wondering what the little concoction is in the corner of my picture, these fries are not complete without a mixture of mayo and ketchup for dipping!  Yummy!!*


What you need:
 Fryer
Oil
Potatoes (we used 2 potatoes for 2 of us and it was the perfect amount)
Knife 
Cutting Board
Pan of water (optional)
Sea Salt
Pepper (just a little)
KETCHUP
MAYO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!