Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Frozen Spinach Cubes


I love smoothies! And being able to add loads of spinach in my fruit smoothies has been awesome. You can't taste the spinach, but you get all those lovely nutrients. :)

The only bad thing is that I usually don't use it all up before the spinach goes bad. Then, I had an idea. If I can freeze my fruit in ready-to-go baggies, then why can't the spinach get thrown in there, too? 

We tried putting the spinach leaves straight in, but the got really crisp and papery and were a bit of a mess. So, instead we tried blending them into frozen cubes. It worked awesome!

*************************************

Just gather up your spinach and make sure it's clean.
Place it in a blender with 1-2 Tablespoons of water.


Start blending.


Add more spinach periodically until you've blended as much as you want.


Pour into a clean ice cube tray.


Freeze for about 2 hours, or until fully frozen.


Pop out and place in a freezer bag on their own, or divide them up with fruit so you have everything ready to go!

I've been using frozen pineapple, banana, blueberries, and chia seeds with 2-3 spinach cubes. I blend it up with 1/2 c. Greek yogurt and some water....delicious! :)


1 comment:

Check these out!