Search This Blog

Monday, September 22, 2014

Bleach Pen T-Shirts

My sister's wedding is getting closer and time is flying by! I posted the Bridal Shower Ideas for you guys, but I think you might like this one a bit more. :)

Bleach pen t-shirts are ridiculously easy and you can make them for anything! To support a team, for parties, a family reunion, or even for your kids when you go to the fair or the zoo. They are fun to make, especially when you get creative and just have fun with it! 

I made this t-shirt for my sister to wear at her bachelorette party (she paired it with a cute scarf to dress up the tee) and she can wear it the morning of their wedding to get her hair done.
I just used a black cotton t-shirt from Walmart that I got for $3.00 and I think the bleach pen was around $3.00 as well, so it's even a cheap project! I only used a small amount of the bleach pen so I can make more tees, too!

**I would suggest testing the fabric of one t-shirt before doing a big project to make sure you like how it looks.


GATHER YOUR SUPPLIES:

*dark colored cotton t-shirt
*Clorox bleach pen
*stiff piece of cardboard


Step 1: Insert the cardboard into the t-shirt so it's sandwiched between the front and back.
(This is an important step. You don't want the bleach to bleed through to the other side.)


Step 2: Smooth the fabric out.


Step 3: Draw your design.


Step 4: Let it set for 45-60 minutes, or until you're satisfied with the color of the edges.


Step 5: Rinse well, and then wash in recommended cycle for your t-shirt.


That's it....have fun with it! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!