Search This Blog

Friday, September 19, 2014

Cranberry Chocolate Banana Bread


Previously, I shared that I worked at a diner as a baker (which I should probably remove from our information page ;), but it has been almost a year since I quit.  A couple weeks ago when I made vegan peanut butter cookies, that was the first time I had grabbed the bowls and spoons to get a little baking on.  It made me realize how much I missed it.
At my new job, I am truly blessed to have wonderful bosses.  One of the awesome things they do? Well they will just randomly bring food in for their employees.  Bananas, pretzel dough, cilantro, cases of yogurt, fresh vegetables from his garden, fresh eggs, goats milk, etc.  You get my drift.  
Well, I had bananas that he had given me, as well as coconut greek yogurt, so I decided to do a little more baking. This is what I came up with. :)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease and flour pan.

Ingredients

1/2 stick of salted butter, soft
1 cup brown sugar
2 chia eggs (1 T. chia seeds to 3 T. water.  Allow to set for 10 minutes until gelled)
5.3 oz yoplait coconut greek yogurt
3 smashed bananas (plus 1 tsp. lemon juice)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 cup dried cranberries



 Measure 2 T. chia seeds.  Add 6 T. water.


 Let sit for 10 minutes or until gelled.


Smash bananas and add lemon juice.


In a large bowl, combine brown sugar and the softened butter. 


Blend for at least 2 minutes. 


Add gelled "eggs". Blend well.


Add bananas, yogurt, and vanilla. 


Blend well. 


Stir in dry mixture. 


Stir in cranberries and chocolate chips. 


Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. 

Please ignore my disgusting pan.  I just can't part with it.  It was my grandma's and it bakes breads great!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!