Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Homemade Applesauce

I am passing this post off to my young daughter, who is doing this as a school project.  Her daddy brought some apples home from a friend, and she made use out of them right away.  : ) 

 So, here you are.  
I introduce to you.....Olivia Wagner.
  She is 10 years old (very soon to be eleven) and is in the 5th Grade.



 *****************************************************************

Homemade Applesauce

Hi, I am Olivia and I'm going to post today, so here's the recipe.
 This makes twelve servings.

Ingredients
12  medium apples
3/4 c.  brown sugar
1/2 tsp.  cinnamon
2 1/2 c.  water


 Tools
pan
knife or apple corer


Getting Ready

1. The hardest part is cutting and coring the apples. (I used an apple corer) You can peel them if you would like (up to you...I didn't so my applesauce is red), but you should cut them into quarters and then cut out the seeds and stems (if you have an apple corer you could use that to).

  
2. Put the cut-up apples, brown sugar, cinnamon and water, into the pan.


3. Cover and cook at medium heat for 15-20 minutes.


4. Let the apples cool, then mash them with a fork or a potato masher.


Yummy In My Tummy.   : )






2 comments:

Check these out!