Search This Blog

Monday, October 13, 2014

Burlap & Lace Wedding Cake



I would like to apologize for the lack of posts over the last couple of weeks.  We had been preparing for our little sister, Laura's, wedding.  (Which, by the way, during this preparation, we found some cute ideas we will be sharing. :)

Sitting at the airport, about to return home to Tennessee, I realized we neglected to inform you that it was going to be a busy month and therefore be lacking posts.  This made me I feel bad that we weren't at least sharing something.  Soooo...I decided to share a picture of the cake I made for my sister and new brother's wedding.  So as I sat at my gate, feeling sad to leave my family, I wrote this quick post.  (However, due to my faulty app on my phone, I didn't end up posting that day...sheesh.  Feeling even more neglected, aren't you! :)

Baking your own wedding cake was a lot of fun, but as noted in our information page, I come from a large family. It was a bit chaotic and a bit stressful with the amount of people we had to keep out of the kitchen, but in the end it worked out great.  Also, a huge THANK YOU to my sisters that ended up helping me, Lucy and Olivia---huge hugs! Thanks to you too Momma. ;) 

I feel very honored that we were able to make the the "face smashing" dessert. 

Now that the festivities are over and normalcy (what is that even?!) can set in, the regular posts will be shared.  

Congratulations Luke and Laura!  We love you bunches!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Check these out!